by Laurie McCammon
In 2011 I received the Enough Message as a divine download:
I am enough.
I have enough.
We are enough.
We have enough.
I immediately noticed the Enough Message was the exact opposite of the disempowering messages we hear over and over again in our society: You’re not enough. You don’t have enough. We aren’t enough and don’t have enough to change the world. Divine downloads had never lied to me before. So which is the truth— Enough or Never Enough?
Much has been written about enough, either addressing it as a psychological self-esteem issue or as a political or environmental issue. But this new Enough Message was telling me it doesn’t matter the situation. Enough is the master key that unlocks the sleeping consciousness. Whenever encountering the belief in Never Enough (scarcity or lack), consider that Enough may actually be the truth.
I spent three years looking to science, social movements, technology, psychology, mythology, anthropology and indigenous wisdom for answers, I found:
- Enough is the truth of who we are as individuals. (We were born enough).
- Enough has been the standard operating system of the universe for 13.8 billion years.
- Humans have been on a Never Enough path for 5,000 years, which is unlike any other of the 8.7 million other species on Earth. In this time, humanity’s aberrant path has caused widespread suffering and catastrophic damage to our planet.
- The belief in scarcity is the driver behind almost all behaviors that cause suffering, including war, climate and habitat disruption, exploitation, loneliness, addiction, violence, famine and poverty.
- The Never Enough paradigm has blinded us to the presence all kinds of abundance, including that which resides within us and among us as untapped genius and synergy.
- Enough restores our connection with our two best sources of truth and abundance: the natural world and our heart-centered human nature. Once these direct connections are restored, we can no longer be fooled by the Never Enough illusion.
- A meta pattern in nature shows that human consciousness evolves and has reached a tipping point whereby it can no longer be contained by the limits of old Never Enough paradigm. Therefore, a global awakening is inevitable and unstoppable.
I don’t think we can claim the world we want until we first claim ourselves. I had to confront that I had devoted far too much of my time conforming to society’s generic standard of “good enough” without regarding my own sense of enoughness. I had held back from participating in trying to change bad things in the world because I didn’t feel powerful enough or confident enough.
The Enough Message has dramatically changed that for me. Patterns that have blocked me my whole life have dissolved. I have never felt more alive, bold, courageous and empowered to do the things that matter. I understand in a most profound way that we truly are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are enough to change the word and always have been.
Laurie McCammon, founder of the Women’s Institute of Maine, holds an MS in Adult Education, with a thesis on transformational learning. She has served as an NGO delegate at the UN International Commission on the Status of Women where she presented Enough! in 2013 and 2014. She has been published in numerous magazines including Soulful Living, Inner Awakenings, Spiritual Renaissance, and Allies for the Greater Good. Visit her at www.lauriemccammon.com.