Ankhie knows hard hard you work, how much you need the coin, and how much you are looking forward to this long, labor-day weekend. So in the spirit of reward and ease I offer you these money spells from Judika Illes’s Pure Magic:
Oshun Prosperity Incense
- Brown sugar
- 5 dried orange leaves
- Orange zest
- Pound the ingredients in a mortar and pestle until roughly pulverized.
- Place in a cast-iron pan and set aflame.
- Let it burn for a minute or so, then smother the flames. It should smoke fairly heavily, allow the aroma to fill the room.
- Offer some pure springwater and honey to *Oshun and tell her what you need.
A Money Dream Pillow
The stuffing encourages creative financial dreams and inspiration.
- 2 ounces dried basil
- 4 ounces dried chamomile blossoms
- 2 ounces dried fenugreek
Money Magnet Oil
To attract money, rub two drops of essential oil of bergamot on the palms of your hands, in your wallet, inside your pocket or wherever you carry your cash.
Milk and Honey Prosperity Bath
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cow’s milk
- 1 cup goat’s milk
- 1 cup sheep’s milk
- 1 cup holy or springwater
- 1 cup honey
This bath is reputed to draw money towards you. It is guaranteed to make your skin feel wonderful. Add the ingredients to the bath water. You can increase the quantity of the ingredients, if you wish, as long as all proportions remain equal.
Creole Antipoverty Spell
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 safety pin
Combine the first three ingredients together in an open bowl. Stick an open safety pin in the center and keep the bowl on the counter in full view.
High John’s Money Roll
- Essential oil of basil
- 1 cash bill (Any kind of cash can be used, however a two-dollar bill is considered most especially effective because it is rare and because the number 2 embodies the concept of doubling. Alternatively, any foreign currency lying around that you don’t know what to do with is perfect for this charm)
- 1 High John the Conqueror** root
- Red or green thread
- Rub a cash bill with basil oil and roll it tightly around the High John root.
- It’s important that when you wrap the root, you roll the money toward you, not away from you.
- Bind the little money roll with red or green thread. Carry it with you as a charm or place it discreetly near the entrance to your business. (Inside the cash register is good, too!) If things slow down, reinforce the root with extra basil oil as needed.
Money Spell Box
- A box
- Dried patchouli or the essential oil
- Powdered basil leaves
- Dried veviter or the essential oil
- Fenugreek seeds
- High John the Conqueror root
- Any other financially lucky roots you are able to collect: Beth Root (Low John) or Lucky Hand
- 1 lodestone and/or citrine
- Lucky charms: small silver horseshoe, silver shamrock, miniature rabbit, rat or mouse
A spell box is a work in progress: start with whatever you have accumulated and continue to build. If you should find a four-leaf clover, it is a powerful addition. Place one bill from any windfall inside to grow.
- Line the box with botanicals. (If you’re using essential oils, rather than dried veviter and patchouli, use them to anoint the roots and crystals.)
- Add the roots, crystals and charms.
- Keep the box closed except during rituals, visualizations and spells
- Periodically anoint crystals and roots with essential oils or another money-drawing oil formula.
- Keep the box in a safe spot so that no one can play with your finances.
- When your goal is accomplished, either save this box for future use or bury it in Earth, but mark the spot so you can dig it up again if you need it.
*SPIRITS OF FINANCIAL PROSPERITY
Hermes (Greece), Lakshmi (India), Oshun (Yoruba)
Oshun, Orisha of Sweet Waters provides material comforts (and cash!) for her devotees. Like the most powerful spirits, she offers assistance in all departments: romance, health, beauty and prosperity.
Oshun’s traditional offering, whenever you wish to invoke, petition or thank her, is a glass of springwater and a dish of honey. You must always taste any honey offered to Oshun, every time. An attempt was once made to poison her with honey. She will not accept any untasted offerings and may, in fact, look upon you with suspicion rather than love. Her colors are yellow and orange. Her metal is brass. Her sacred birds are peacocks, parrots and vultures. Her number is 5.
**HIGH JOHN MONEY MAGIC
The king of American root magic goes by the name High John the Conqueror. Named for a legendary African-American slave hero, this root provides good fortune of all kinds. It is potent left whole, whether carried alone or added as a prize ingredient to a charm bag. The powdered root brings fortune and removes a curse. (Buy a whole one so that you can see what you’re getting: powder it yourself.) High John is a member of the morning glory family. An elusive plant, it answers to a series of Latin names: Ipomoea jalapa, Ipomoea purga and Convolvulus jalapa. Reserve High John for purposes of enchantment only. It should never be eaten as it is an extremely powerful laxative and purgative.